Saddle & Bridle Fitting in Aiken and surrounding areas
Fitting, Flocking and saddle fit consulting for all English saddles to ensure maximum comfort, balance and performance for the horse and the rider.
Please have your horse groomed and be dressed to ride.
- History of horse, rider and saddle is recorded
- Horse is palpated and symmetry of the horse is evaluated
- Movement evaluation. Please be prepared or have a handler be ready to walk and trot the horse on a straight line.
- Tracings / Templates are taken
- The integrity of the current saddle is checked
- Static evaluation of the saddle with horse standing square
- Evaluation under saddle with rider up
- Observation of saddle with rider at walk, trot and canter.
- Discuss findings & options. May require rider to get back on horse if different padsor shims were used.
- Flock saddle if required. Can often be done on site.
- If adjustments to flocking were made, riders rides again to recheck fit
- If panels need to be dropped for access, flocking will be done in the shop.
Currently carrying demos for: